The supreme list of 13 SaaS SEO tools you need to rank on #1
- Published On:November 24, 2022
By using the right SEO tools, you can gain valuable insights into the performance of your website, identify areas for optimization, and make informed decisions about your SEO strategy. In this article, we will discuss the importance of having a set of SEO tools for your SaaS brand and provide tips on how to select and use the most effective ones.
Have you ever given thought to how many SaaS SEO tools are present in the market? Probably more than we can count.
In a place full of SEO tools claiming to be the best solution to your problem, how do you decide which one should you go for?
The first factor is confusion, and the second factor is the pricing. SEO tools are not cheap, and a wrong decision can really mess up your SaaS SEO budget.
So, how do you make sure that the SaaS SEO tool:
- Matches your current requirements
- Is affordable, and
- Actually lives up to its claim
Even SaaS enterprises might want to conduct free tool trials as part of their marketing technology audit, and SEO tools offer free trials just like the majority of SaaS providers do. After all, it is simpler for someone to choose which tool to purchase if you allow them to use it for free, at least in part.
But you don’t have to stress about that part, we’ve done it for you.
Here is a list of the best SaaS SEO tools that will help you get that #1 position in search engines.
Ready? Let’s go!
Importance of SEO for SaaS
Without at least a few in-depth, data-mining, keyword tracking, and research-handling superstars in your SEO toolbox, you might find it challenging to compete in the content crowd.
The paid SaaS SEO tools play a crucial role in highlighting the crucial KPIs where your website needs to improve in this situation.
This is true because the bottom of the content success ladder leads to research, planning, and strategy.
Without first mastering these foundational skills, you cannot ascend to new heights.
As a result, SEO tools can help you in your search for ongoing, free organic search traffic, but separating the wheat from the chaff can take time and money.
Since there are hundreds of free SEO tools available, we’ll only cover the best and most practical ones so you can expand your toolkit. Many members of the SEO community contributed to this post’s review of the SEO software.
These 13 SEO tools will help you grow your SaaS business.
13 SaaS SEO tools you need to have in your SEO toolbox
Analytics in this context generally relates to paid search and other marketing initiatives. This is because Google provides data on how effectively those efforts are doing. Google also shows you how well your content is performing, which is an important measure to examine in general for SEO.
What role does Google Analytics have in SEO? In a nutshell, it provides a real-world assessment of how well your content performs. Because smaller companies may not be able to afford paid advertising right immediately, content analytics can be very beneficial. With this knowledge, you can identify the “holes” in your approach. For example, you may discover that you are not competitive for some crucial keywords.
GA can also be used further for many other valuable insights:
- To find out which of your channels generated the most conversions, check out the Multi-Channel Report’s Assisted Conversions feature.
- To determine engagement metrics for each web page, use the Site Content Reports tab on Google Analytics.
- To determine where your visitors are coming from and to optimize those channels, compare organic versus non-organic website traffic.
- Google Search Console (GSC)
It’s difficult to imagine doing modern SEO without having access to the information inside Google’s Search Console, which is probably the most helpful free SEO tool on this entire list. This is the only place where you can get accurate keyword data and the most reliable source for information on how Google crawls and ranks your website. Search Console only allows downloads of up to 1000 rows, so save the free Search Console Data Exporter to your bookmarks if you want to download up to 25,000 rows at once.
Following are a few examples of website components Google Search Console will educate you about and assist you in optimizing:
- Discover the search terms that your websites are currently ranking for.
- Recognize any crawl issues with your website.
- Check the number of your web pages that are indexed by Google.
- Examine the statistics that pertain to your websites, such as clicks, impressions, average CTR, and average position.
- Find the keyword gaps
One of the SEO tools that is frequently suggested online is Ahrefs. When it comes to size, it’s only second to Google among website crawlers. The Ahrefs Site Audit feature is the best SEO analysis tool available, and SEO experts can’t get enough of it. The tool highlights the areas of your website that need to be improved for better search engine positioning.
In terms of competitor analysis, you’ll probably use Ahrefs to identify the backlinks of your competitors so that you can use them as a launching pad for your brand. This SEO tool can also be used to check your website for broken links, get an overview of your best-performing pages, and find the most linked-to content in your niche.
Some of the key features:
Site Explorer: Displays information about the effectiveness of particular web pages on your site.
Content Explorer: Search high-performing websites using specific keywords and topics using Content Explorer.
Keywords Explorer: Find the monthly search volume and click-through rates for specific keywords.
Site Audit: Crawls the designated verticals in your domain and identifies several page-level technical problems.
Saaslinko Tip: There is no better tool than ahrefs for spying on your competitors and the links they are building.
SEMrush is a top SEO tool for keyword research and position tracking that has excelled in competitor research. This tool includes, among other things, a filter by SERP function, a devices and locations report, projects merge report, unlimited competitors tracking, and a competitor discovery report.
SEMrush is a great tool for people who want to stay one step ahead of the competition in SEO, business, and social media projects as a result. SEMrush also can easily create disavow files and connect with Google Search Console.
SEMrush also allows you to:
Keyword Magic Tool: Use the Keyword Magic tool to find every keyword you require for a successful SEO strategy.
Check out competitors’ strategies: Find the paid keywords or ad copy that your competition is using in their PPC advertisements.
Get recommendations: Learn how to optimize your content to increase your organic traffic.
A free Chrome browser extension from Moz is called MozBar. In a nutshell, it provides real-time metrics for any website or SERP you visit. Additionally, you can view domain and page authority, mark up a web page for its SEO insights, and discover additional page attributes or links.
What effect does this have on SEO? To put it simply, it aids in the analysis of the opposition so that you can enhance your website. For instance, you can use the data from MozBar to raise your domain authority and, as a result, improve your SERP position if a site has a higher domain authority than yours.
Moz also includes:
- Website crawler: Examines up to 3,000 links at a given URL.
- Email report: Details with information on the pages your site links to.
- Information about different “crawl ability” factors: These consist of redundant content and redirects that may be hurting your SEO performance.
Saaslinko Tip: It’s a great tool to check spam score (It is one of the deciding factors while building links)
- Answer the Public
By beginning with a keyword, you can use Answer the Public to discover what people want to know. Their unique ability to examine Google searches and extrapolate new keywords and search intent from that data is what distinguishes them. This enables you to learn what customers are considering.
Answer seeing Google bases rankings in part on how relevant users find a piece of content, the public’s insights are extremely valuable for SEO. You can usually tell this in part by how long visitors stay on the page and which previews they choose to click on. The insights also aid in narrowing down your keyword choices.
SERanking is a fantastic SEO tool that offers agencies and companies an all-in-one SEO platform. With SERanking, every SEO analysis and research process is possible.
This includes site audits, competitor research, and keyword analysis, among other things. Additionally, SERanking provides tools like backlink analysis and rank tracking. Check your website for errors that might be affecting your SEO performance using the Website Audit tool. You can monitor your keyword rankings, backlinks, and other SEO metrics using their management tool. SERanking is one of the most utilized and well-liked SEO tools on the market, and marketing features are a part of their plans.
- An in-depth website audit ensures that your website stays ahead of the competition by spotting errors that could be affecting your SEO performance.
- On-Page SEO checker analyzes your website’s code and structure to ensure that it is optimized for search engines.
- The marketing plan tool helps you create a customized marketing plan for your business.
- API Access gives you programmatic access to SERanking data and features.
One of the most complete data collection experiences for SEOs is offered by SurferSEO.
It not only streamlines keyword research but also offers users a great way to see the keywords rivals are using to dominate Google.
SurferSEO is a comprehensive tool that will help you step up your SEO game, from the content planner that enables users to create an effective keyword strategy to the site audit feature that verifies your website is free of any technical SEO issues.
- The Content Planner gives you an effective way to map out a keyword strategy for your website.
- An AI outline builder makes creating high-quality content optimized for your target keywords easy.
- The Content Editor is a great way to write your articles directly on the platform and ensure you hit the proper keyword density.
- The Audit tool gives you a comprehensive overview of your website’s technical SEO health and highlights any areas that need to be fixed.
- Screaming Frog
One of the best SEO tools for performing lightning-fast website audits is Screaming Frog. Simply enter your website’s URL, and the crawler will begin looking for any broken links, missing tags, duplicate content, etc. Screaming Frog frequently finds mistakes.
- Audit Redirects: Identifying both temporary and permanent redirect chains is made easier by using audit redirects.
- XML Sitemaps: By properly configuring the URLs, you can quickly generate XML sitemaps.
- Analyze metadata: Analyze your metadata and page titles carefully to ensure that they are of the right length.
With Sitebulb, you can quickly analyze data and display it with simple graphics and charts. This enhances the user experience.
- It makes it easier to prioritize tasks based on the available data and search engine guidelines.
- You can add data from Google Search Console.
- Innovative website architecture visualization.
- Screens from such a tool look great in SEO audits.
- We can save a full website audit as a PDF, which makes the data easy to use.
- This makes Sitebulb one of the best-paid SEO tools for crawling pages.
Click Flow is one of the newest tools in the toolbox with excellent, precise content performance writing. This is a platform for content optimization that provides accurate metrics so you can find
experiments, become aware of content decay and find the best traffic-generating keywords that eventually result in clicks and sales.
Additionally, they have a fantastic SERP Preview Tool that gives you an idea of the number of text pixels you’re contributing to the Google algorithm when users conduct searches on their mobile, desktop, or tablet devices. Like LSI Graph, Neil Patel also endorses this SEO tool.
The content on enterprise websites won’t be crawled and indexed because more than half of the pages are invisible to search engines. Through its integrated set of tools, including Botify Analytics, Botify Intelligence, and Botify Activation, the Botify enterprise SEO platform addresses that issue. Leading business brands like Marriott, Glassdoor, and Merkle trust Botify.
- To find out how search engines crawl your website, import your log files.
- Track countless keyword searches that are based on real searcher information.
- Integrate website analytics, such as Google Analytics (GA), to gather information on traffic, bounce rate, conversions, and revenue.
SpyFu is a Google Ads competitor keyword research tool. It aids in keyword research as well as PPC competitive analysis, SEO competitive analysis, etc by connecting different domains to find out all the keywords they rank and used to rank for the past 16 years!.
With the aid of this tool, you can increase traffic to your website and Google Ads campaigns, keep track of your paid and organic search engine rankings on Google, Bing, and Yahoo, and gather trustworthy and precise contact information for leads.
Download the PPC keywords of a competitor: Utilize this knowledge to create PPC strategies that can compete in the ad space and are more aggressive.
Download the SEO keywords of a competitor: Utilize this knowledge to create organic keyword strategies that are more competitive and capable of competing in the SERP.
Review keyword ranking trends to see how a page or website has changed over time.
Keyword ideas: Learn about keyword suggestions for your Google Ads to improve conversion rates.
My 2 Cents
You can quickly boost your keyword research, and ideas, and analyze website analytics and metrics by utilizing the best SEO tools.
Before choosing a tool, be sure to research the precise features you require (as well as the price). SEO tools are necessary if you want to compete on search engines, regardless of whether you’re a blogger, SaaS company, or local business. The majority of these tools offer a free trial so you can try them out before deciding.
When used properly, tools like Semrush, Moz, and Ahrefs offer a tonne of great features and can deliver outstanding results. You’ll be that much closer to a successful SEO campaign when you combine the efforts of all the SEO tools at your disposal.
Make sure you sign up for the SaaSLinko newsletter, where we send you a weekly roundup of the best resources that we publish and come across.